Tickets and Pricing
How much do tickets cost?
Cavern tour prices can change daily based on sales and projected attendance. For the most up to date pricing, please see our Pricing Page. This system provides our guests more options to save. The earlier you buy your cavern tour tickets, the more you save. You can find single cavern tour tickets as low as $17 for adults.
Why do the Cavern Tour prices change?
Cavern tour prices can change daily based on sales and projected attendance. It also allows guests to buy tickets at the best possible price if they buy as far in advance as possible. While cavern tour prices can change everyday, they do not decrease, only increase.
How does the pricing work?
The cavern tour pricing calendar (found on our Pricing page), lists the price for each day cavern tours are currently available for purchase. Guests are encouraged to explore the calendar to find a day that fits both their schedule and their budget. Once you have decided on the date you want to visit, purchase the tickets for that day through our webstore. Please note that cavern tour prices can change daily, so you must lock-in the price by purchasing online.
When is the best time to buy my ticket?
We recommend buying your cavern tour tickets as far in advance as you can. Our prices can change daily so the sooner you buy your tickets, the more money you can save.
What if I need to buy more tickets at a later date? Will I get the same ticket price?
Ticket prices can change daily, so the only way to lock-in a price is by actually buying your ticket. If you need additional tickets, we recommend buying as soon as possible to receive the lowest price.
What credit cards are accepted on the webstore?
We accept MasterCard, VISA and American Express on our webstore.
I am having trouble making my online ticket purchase, what should I try first?
- Chrome is the browser that works the best with our webstore. Firefox and Safari may not load everything each time.
- Also try clearing the cache and refreshing the browser. If you are still having problems, give us a call at 210-651-6101 and we will do our best to help you.
What discounts do you have available?
The best discount is to purchase your tickets from our webstore. Our cavern tour prices can change daily so the sooner you buy your tickets, the more money you can save.
I have a coupon, but will it still be cheaper if I buy online?
- All of our Cavern tour coupons are valid only for the Discovery Tour. We recommend buying your ticket online and bringing the coupon with you. Our sales agents will determine if using your coupon on the day of ticket would have been a better price than what you paid online and adjust accordingly.
- The only discounts available for our Hidden Passages Tour and Combo Tour is to purchase them from our webstore at least a day in advance. We do not have any coupons that apply to those options.
Do I need a reservation?
Advance reservations are only required for our Adventure Tours or groups. Please click here for more information on Group Reservations. Please call 210-651-6101 to make an Adventure Tour or Group reservation.
What tickets can I purchase online?
- Discovery Tour
- Hidden Passages Tour
- Combo Cave Tour: Discovery and Hidden Passages
- Canopy Explorer Course
- Canopy Zip Line
- Sky Tykes
How long is my ticket good for?
- Hidden Passages Tour and Combo Tour tickets are purchased for a specific date and tour time. These tickets expire and are no longer valid after the designated tour departs. Discovery Tour tickets are purchased for a specific date and expire after the final Discovery Tour of the day has departed.
- Explorer Course, Zip Line and Sky Tykes tickets are purchased for a specific date and are good anytime during the normal operating hours for the Canopy Challenge for that date (click here for our operating calendar). Once the Canopy Challenge closes for the day, the ticket is no longer valid.
- Maze tickets are good up to a year from the date of purchase anytime during the normal operating hours for the Maze for that date
- Click here for our daily operating calendar.
Do I have to print my online ticket?
- No, however, if you have the ability it is very helpful to our ticket agents if you bring a printed copy of your tickets that are sent to you via a PDF attachment to the email address provided during the ordering process. Please be sure to enter a valid email address that you can easily access. All tickets purchased through our official website are barcoded.
- If you are able to access your ticket purchase via your email confirmation, we can scan the barcode from your smart phone/tablet device.
- Please download or screen shot each ticket before you arrive as cell phone coverage is limited here at the park.
- If none of the above options are possible, please have your confirmation number and photo ID available and our ticket agents can look the tickets up in our system. Please allow extra time to check in as the look up process will take a few extra minutes.
I did not receive my e-mail confirmation/tickets, what do I do?
- If a confirmation receipt displayed at the end of your transaction the sale was processed and an electronic ticket was emailed as a PDF attachment to the email address provided. If you cannot open the file you may need to download the Adobe Reader or update your Adobe Reader to the newest version.
- If you did not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam filter or junk mail folder first. If using a work or school email, your account may have filters that are blocking our emails. The email may also have been entered incorrectly when placing the order.
- If none of the above options work, please have your confirmation number and photo ID available and our ticket agents can look the tickets up in our system. Please allow extra time to check in as the look up process will take a few extra minutes.
Can I exchange my ticket for a different date or tour time?
- All of our cavern tours have a set capacity and some dates and times do sell out faster than others. If something comes up and you are not able to make your schedule tour time/date, please call us as soon as possible BEFORE the tour departs. If there are tour spots available, we will reschedule your visit. If the new date has a higher ticket price then your original purchase, you will only need to pay the difference to complete the exchange. Once a scheduled tour has departed, there will be no exchanges or refunds.
- Attraction tickets need to be exchanged before the attraction closes for the date purchased.
I am stuck in traffic and won’t make it for my designated tour time. What do I do?
Please call us as soon as possible and we will do all we can to get you on a later tour time. Please note, that you are required to pay any additional charges associated with the new tour time. If we are not able to find a tour time that will work for your schedule, we can refund the tickets as long as the tour has not yet departed.
Plan Your Visit
What should I wear?
- Regardless of the outside temperature and weather, the cavern is a constant 70 degrees with a relative humidity of 99% that makes it feel more like 80 degrees. We recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes with good traction as the trails are steep and wet. Most visitors are comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt while inside the cavern.
- For the Canopy Challenge activities, no flip-flops or open heeled shoes are allowed, and skirts/dresses are not permitted (unless you are wearing shorts or pants under it).
How does the weather affect my visit?
- Natural Bridge Caverns is open year-round rain or shine. Tours through the caverns will continue even if it is raining, so visitors may want to bring an umbrella for the short walk to and from the Cavern entrances.
- The Canopy Challenge and aMAZEn’ Ranch Roundup are outside and will be open on a weather permitting basis.
- The Discovery Village Mining Company and picnic pavilion is also outside but covered, for those less than perfect days.
- Please be aware of the weather conditions on the surface and dress accordingly. Please call (210) 651-6101 before coming out if there are unusually hazardous weather conditions.
- Regardless of the outside temperature and weather, the cavern is a constant 70 degrees with a relative humidity of 99% that makes it feel more like 80 degrees. Most visitors are comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt while inside the cavern.
Can I bring a stroller?
- We encourage strollers to help families navigate the park, but they are not permitted on the Hidden Passages Tour due to the 185 steps. Strollers are not recommended on the Discovery Tour due to the restrictive bends of the natural cavern passages and four sections of stairs (the longest flight consists of 35 steps up) as well as the strenuous nature of the actual tour.
- Stroller parking is available while on the Cavern Tour.
Can I bring my pet(s)?
Pets are welcome throughout the park grounds (outside the caverns), provided they are leashed, under owner control at all times, and their owners pick up after them. For health and safety reasons, only Service Animals meeting the Americans with Disabilities Act standards, are permitted to go on the cavern tours or in the buildings. Free crates are available upon request to guests on a first come, first serve basis. Crates are in a non-public, outside shaded area. Please do not leave pets in vehicles while taking a tour.
Are the caverns wheelchair accessible?
- Much of the access to the Caverns depends on the level of mobility for members of your party. The tours are an all walking tour down 180 feet and back up. While we do not restrict guest access on the cavern tours, we do not advise the use of devices (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, etc.) due to the restrictive bends of the natural cavern passages, and the strenuous nature of the actual tour. Please be aware that you may need to carry both the person and their equipment through sections of the tour.
- Our Visitors' Center, Discovery Village Mining Company, Maze, and Butterfly Gardens and viewing areas are all accessible for guests with mobility restrictions.
- DISCOVERY TOUR: Stairs are present in four locations on the Discovery Tour, the longest flight consists of 35 steps up. The final climb out of the Discovery Tour starts at 135 feet below the surface.
- HIDDEN PASSAGES: The Hidden Passages tour as accessed by all stairs, which is 185 stair steps.
Can I bring my camera/tripod/selfie stick/GoPro/Drone?
- Cameras—While on cavern tours, snapshot photography is permitted, providing you stay with your tour group and do not lag behind. Please be mindful that the tour will be moving through the cave so there is limited time to compose a photo. Flash photography is allowed inside the caverns so long as the flash is not used to photograph wildlife. Due to high humidity, many times a flash will illuminate the water vapor in the air, so if you see this "ghosting" effect, try to limit your use of flash.
- Tripods—The tour will be moving through the cave so there is limited time to compose a photo. For this reason, tripod and monopods are not recommended.
- Selfie sticks are not permitted on the cavern tours or the Canopy Challenge.
- Go Pros—Permitted across the property and on cavern tours. However, on the Canopy Challenge only chest mounted, wrist strapped, or helmet mounted Go Pros (you must provide your own helmet) are allowed and are subject to inspection prior to participation. Loose items are not permitted on the course or zip lines and all pockets must be emptied.
- Drones—To protect and ensure the safety of our visitors, Natural Bridge Caverns strictly prohibits the use of model aircraft and drones over any part of the park.
- Commercial rights of all photographs and video remain the property on Natural Bridge Caverns, Inc.
Do you have a place to eat at the park?
- Quench your thirst and satisfy your appetite with hand-dipped ice cream, candy, fresh-squeezed lemonade, beer, wine and other tasty treats at Big Daddy's Sweets, Treats and Brew – our old-fashioned general store named for Harry Heidemann, one of Natural Bridge Caverns' principle founders and developers. Or inside the Visitor Center, check out the Cavern Café offering hot and delicious pizza, tender chicken strips, burgers, fries, hot dogs, chips, and more!
- We have multiple picnic areas where you can bring snacks or a lunch to enjoy. Picnic table seating is first-come, first-serve. Please note that no storage facilities for coolers are available on or around the grounds. For health and safety reasons, all outside food or drinks must remain outside in the picnic areas. No outside food or drinks are permitted in the indoor dining areas.
- In our conservation efforts, we do not allow drinks (other than water) food, gum, tobacco or smoking (including vapor cigarettes) in the caverns. However, if a visitor needs to bring a small, unopened pack of food for health purposes they can get it approved by the Admissions Office.
Are there bats in the cavern? Where can I see bats?
How much does it cost to park?
- Parking is free.
- We do have space to accommodate oversized parking for larger vehicles including Bobtails, RVs, and Busses. We ask that these types of vehicles please use the uppermost section of our parking lot.
Is there any public transportation from downtown San Antonio?
- There is no public transportation or shuttle service out to Natural Bridge Caverns.
- Ride share programs will drop you off here. In order to have prompt service for pick-up you will need to schedule a pickup time with the service in advance. Without a scheduled pickup, wait time for a ride can be up to an hour or more. Our gates close after the final cavern tour of the day returns, so please plan accordingly.
Do you have lodging or campsites available?
- We do not have any lodging or campsites available at the park.
- The closest hotels to Natural Bridge Caverns are located in the city of Schertz, just 8 miles away.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott (210) 658-1466
- Hampton Inn & Suites (210) 566-6110
- La Quinta Inn & Suites (210) 655-2700
- There are several campgrounds located nearby:
- Stone Creek RV Park – 10 miles from our location (830) 609-7759
- Landa RV & Campground – 20 miles from our location (830) 625-1211
- Guadalupe River State Park – 33 miles from our location (830) 438-2656