Tickets and Pricing
How much do tickets cost?
Cavern tour prices change daily based on sales and projected attendance. For the most up to date pricing, please see our Pricing Page.
Why do the Cavern Tour prices change?
It also allows guests to buy tickets at the best possible price if they purchase several days in advance.
When is the best time to buy my ticket?
We recommend buying your cavern tour tickets as far in advance as you can. Our prices change every day so the sooner you buy your tickets, the more money you can save.
What discounts do you have available?
The best discount is to purchase your tickets from our webstore. Our prices change every day so the sooner you buy your tickets, the more money you can save.
Do I need a reservation?
Advance reservations are only required for our Adventure Tours or groups of 20 people or more.
What tickets can I purchase online?
- Discovery Tour
- Hidden Passages Tour
- Combo Cave Tour: Discovery and Hidden Passages
- Canopy Explorer Course
- Canopy Zip Line
- Sky Tykes
- Bracken Bat Flight packages (seasonal availability—summer only)
How long is my ticket good for?
- Discovery Tour tickets are purchased for a specific date and are good anytime during our normal operating hours for that date (click here for our operating calendar). After the last tour departs for that day, the Discovery Tour ticket is no longer valid.
- Hidden Passages Tour tickets and Combo Tour tickets are purchased for a specific date and tour time. These tickets expire and are no longer valid after the designated tour departs.
- Explorer Course tickets are purchased for a specific date and are good anytime during the normal operating hours for the Canopy Challenge for that date (click here for our operating calendar). Once the Canopy Challenge closes for the day, the ticket is no longer valid.
- Zip Line tickets are purchased for a specific date and are good anytime during the normal operating hours for the Canopy Challenge for that date (click here for our operating calendar). Once the Canopy Challenge closes for the day, the ticket is no longer valid.
- Sky Tykes tickets are purchased for a specific date and are good anytime during the normal operating hours for the Canopy Challenge for that date (click here for our operating calendar). Once the Canopy Challenge closes for the day, the ticket is no longer valid.
- Maze tickets are purchased for a specific date and are good anytime during the normal operating hours for the Maze for that date (click here for our operating calendar). Once the Maze closes for the day, the ticket is no longer valid.
Do I have to print my online ticket?
- Tickets will be sent to you via a PDF attachment to the email address provided during the ordering process. Please be sure to enter a valid email address that you can easily access. All tickets purchased through our official website are barcoded. If you are able to access your ticket purchase via your email confirmation, we can scan the barcode on your smart phone/tablet device.
- Please download or screen shot each ticket before you arrive as cell phone coverage is limited here at the park.
What do I do if I do not receive my e-mail confirmation/tickets?
- If a confirmation receipt displayed at the end of your transaction the sale was processed and an electronic ticket was emailed as a PDF attachment to the email address provided. If you cannot open the file you may need to download the Adobe Reader or update your Adobe Reader to the newest version.
- If you did not receive your tickets they may be in your spam filter or junk mail folder. We advise that you check there first. If using a work or school email, your account may have filters that are blocking our emails. The email may have been entered incorrectly when placing the order.
- If none of the above options work, please be sure you have the confirmation number and allow extra time to check in at the Ticket Office. The staff will be able to locate the tickets in the system.
Can I exchange my ticket for a different date or tour time?
All of our cavern tours have a set capacity and some dates and times do sell out faster than others. If something comes up and you are not able to make your schedule tour time/date, please call us as soon as possible BEFORE the tour departs. If possible, we will reschedule your visit. If the new date has a higher ticket price then your original purchase, you will only need to pay the difference to complete the exchange. Once a scheduled tour has departed, there will be no exchanges or refunds.
Plan Your Visit
What should I wear?
- Regardless of the outside temperature and weather, the cavern is a constant 70 degrees with a relative humidity of 99% that makes it feel more like 80 degrees. We recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes with good traction as the trails are steep and wet.
- The only required dress code is for the Canopy Challenge. On the Canopy Challenge activities, no flip-flops or open heeled shoes are allowed, and skirts and dresses are not permitted (unless you are wearing shorts or pants under it).
How does the weather affect my visit?
- Natural Bridge Caverns is open year-round rain or shine. Tours through the Caverns will continue even if it is raining, so visitors may want to bring an umbrella for the short-distance walk to and from the Cavern entrances.
- The Canopy Challenge and Amazen’ Ranch Roundup are outside and will be open on a weather permitting basis.
- The Discovery Village Mining Company and picnic pavilion is also outside but covered, for those less than perfect days.
- Please be aware of the weather conditions on the surface and dress accordingly. Please call (210) 651-6101 before coming out if there are unusually hazardous weather conditions.
- Regardless of the outside temperature and weather, the cavern is a constant 70 degrees with a relative humidity of 99% that makes it feel more like 80 degrees. Most visitors are comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt while inside the cavern.
Can I bring a stroller?
Strollers are not permitted on the Hidden Passages Tour. The Discovery Tour is an all walking tour down 180 feet and back up. While we do not restrict guest access with a stroller, due to the restrictive bends of the natural cavern passages, four sections of stairs (the longest flight consists of 35 steps up) where the stroller must be carried, and the strenuous nature of the actual tour we do not recommend them.
Can I bring my pet(s)?
Pets are welcome throughout the park grounds (outside the caverns), provided they are leashed, under owner control at all times, and their owners pick up after them. For health and safety reasons, only Service Animals meeting the Americans with Disabilities Act standards, are permitted to go on the cavern tours or in the buildings. Free kennels are available upon request to guests on a first come, first serve basis. Kennels are in a secured outside shaded area. Please do not leave pets in vehicles while taking a tour.
Are the caverns wheelchair accessible?
- Much of the access to the Caverns depends on the level of mobility for members of your party. The tours are an all walking tour down 180 feet and back up. While we do not restrict guest access on the cavern tours, we do not advise the use of devices (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, etc.) due to the restrictive bends of the natural cavern passages, and the strenuous nature of the actual tour. Please be aware that you may need to carry both the person and their equipment through sections of the tour.
- Our Visitors' Center, Discovery Village Mining Company, Maze, and Butterfly Gardens and viewing areas are all accessible for guests with mobility restrictions.
- DISCOVERY TOUR: Stairs are present in four locations on the Discovery Tour, the longest flight consists of 35 steps up. The final climb out of the Discovery Tour starts at 135 feet below the surface.
- HIDDEN PASSAGES: The Hidden Passages tour as accessed by all stairs, which is 185 stair steps.
Can I bring my camera/tripod/GoPro/Drone?
- Cameras—While on cavern tours snapshot photography is permitted, providing you do not lag behind and stay with the guide. Please be mindful that the tour will be moving through the cave so there is limited time to compose a photo. Flash photography is allowed inside the caverns so long as the flash is not used to photograph wildlife. Due to high humidity, many times a flash will illuminate the water vapor in the air, so if you see this "ghosting" effect, try to limit your use of flash. Selfie sticks are not permitted on the cavern tours.
- Tripods—The tour will be moving through the cave so there is limited time to compose a photo. For this reason, tripod and monopods are not recommended. Selfie sticks are not permitted on the cavern tours.
- Go Pros—On the Canopy Challenge chest mounted, wrist strapped, as well as helmet mounted Go Pros (you must provide your own helmet) are allowed and are subject to inspection prior to participation. All loose items are not permitted on the course or zip lines and all pockets must be emptied.
- Drones—To protect and ensure the safety of our visitors, Natural Bridge Caverns strictly prohibits the use of model aircraft and drones over any part of the park.
- Commercial rights of all photograph and video remain the property on Natural Bridge Caverns, Inc.
Do you have a place to eat at the park?
- In our conservation efforts, we do not allow any food or drinks (other than water), gum, tobacco or smoking (including vapor cigarettes) in the caverns. However, if a visitor needs to bring a small, unopened pack of food for health purposes they can get it approved by the Admissions Office.
- Quench your thirst and satisfy your appetite with hand-dipped ice cream, candy, fresh-squeezed lemonade, beer, wine and other tasty treats at Big Daddy's Sweets, Treats and Brew – our old-fashioned general store named for Harry Heidemann, one of Natural Bridge Caverns' principle founders and developers. Or inside the Visitor Center, check out the Cavern Café offering hot and delicious pizza, tender chicken strips, burgers, fries, hot dogs, chips, and more!
- We have multiple picnic areas where you can bring snacks or a lunch to enjoy. Picnic table seating is first-come, first-serve. Please note that no storage facilities for coolers are available on or around the grounds. For health and safety reasons, all outside food or drinks must remain outside in the picnic areas. No outside food or drinks are permitted in the indoor dining areas.
Are there bats in the cavern? Where can I see bats?
- A few miles away from Natural Bridge Caverns is the Bracken Bat Cave with the largest bat colony in the world. The Bracken Bat Cave is private property. On a few select nights during the summer, Natural Bridge Caverns partners with Bat Conservation International, to allow guests to experience the bat emergence. Additional details about bats can be found at http://www.batcon.org/.
- We do get a bat in our cavern every now and then, but they do not live in our cavern.
How much does it cost to park?
We have plenty of free parking as well as space to accommodate oversized parking for larger vehicles including Bobtails, RVs, and Busses.
Is there any public transportation from downtown San Antonio?
There is no public transportation or shuttle service out to Natural Bridge Caverns. Ride share programs will drop you off here but with-out scheduling a pick-up service for the return, the ride service here is extremely sparse.
Do you have lodging or campsites available?
- Natural Bridge Caverns is located mid-way between San Antonio and New Braunfels with plenty of great hotels in the area. We partner with some of the local hotels to offer packages that include discounted admission tickets to the Discovery Tour. The closest hotels to Natural Bridge Caverns are located in the city of Schertz, just 8 miles away.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott (210) 658-1466
- La Quinta Inn & Suites (210) 655-2700
- Hampton Inn & Suites (210) 566-6110
- There is no on-site camping, but we are located close to several great campgrounds.
- Stone Creek RV Park – 10 miles from our location (830) 609-77599
- Landa RV & Campground – 20 miles from our location (830) 625-1211
- Guadalupe River State Park – 33 miles from our location (830) 438-2656